Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Anticipating the Baby

This blog is intended to chronicle the escapades & adventures of the newest Fletcher. We plan to call him Beauregard "Boomer" Fletcher.

On Friday, April 29, 2011, I met the litter of puppies - ten in all - 3 females and a whopping 7 males. It seems, from my estimation, that the opposite male to female ratio is most common. Since we are wanting a boy, we are in luck.

The pups were 6 weeks at this point. What a fun group. All are beautiful. I met the parents too, Rogue (sire) and Charmante (dam). Both are sweet and funny. Awesome dogs.  At least 3-5 of these puppies could be Boomer. I know that a puppy really "chooses" you. So I look forward to finding out who will chose us to be his parents. The breeder tells us that within the next 2 weeks the pups will change alot. I can't wait to see them again. I think about them everyday.

Boomer will be our second Bernese Mountain Dog. We anticipate his arrival to our home on May 14th with much happiness and joy.

My camera did not work during my visit, so I dont have the photos I tried to take. I do have the photos though that the breeder sent along. The pups are 4 weeks old in these photos. I met this one with the freckles on the nose - super sweet and very insistent about wanting to lay next to my side with his head on my thigh looking up at me. Two others also were insistent about sitting on my lap or curling up in my lap. I got lots of kisses. Is there anything better than "puppy breath?"



1 comment: